WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf: Download link available here We know, Many aspirants are looking for WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf. Here, is the best place for you. Here, you can get the PSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf. Today Govtjobcare Share WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf format. You can simply Download these PSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf only just one click. Candidates are requested to download PSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus from the below link.
Step To Download WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf
1. You must click the given below link.
2. Then automatically open these PSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf from google drive location.
3. Click the ‘Download’ / ‘ Save’ button.
4. Finally, you able to Save / Download these WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf.
PSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Scheme And Syllabus
PSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Scheme:
1. MCQ type question with 100 Questions carrying 1 (one) mark each. There will be negative marking (0.33 mark) for each wrong answer.
2. Time : 1 Hour 30 Minutes
3. Distribution of Marks :
i) Country & Town Planning = 60 marks
ii) English = 15 marks (Madhyamik Standard)
iii) G.K. = 15 marks (Madhyamik Standard)
iv) Arithmetic = 10 marks (Madhyamik Standard)
PSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Syllabus:
1. Planning History and Theory:
- Evolution of City Building.
- Planning History – Town Planning in ancient India, Indus Valley Civilization, medieval period.
- Definitions and Objectives of Planning.
- Theories of City Development and Planning Theories.
- Implication of Urban Design in Urban Planning.
2. Demographic and Socio-Economic Basis of Planning:
- Characteristic of Demography.
- Nature and Scope of Sociology.
- Community and Settlements.
- Elements of Micro and Macro Economics.
- Development Economics and Lessons from Indian Experiences.
3. Statistical Methods and Planning Techniques:
- Survey techniques and mapping – Basic methods of various types of surveys, collection of data, methods adopted to collection of data standards for development and redevelopment of residential, commercial, industrial and re-creational areas, land use planning, inclusive planning, and sustainable development, Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Analytical Methods.
- Demography and Demographic Methods.
- Planning Standards & Guideline – URDPFI, Model Building Bylaws, Guidelines of Smart City, AMRUT, etc.
- GIS Application, Remote Sensing & GIS Mapping.
- Statistical Applications.
4. City and Metropolitan Planning:
- Urban growth and systems of cities.
- City – region linkages.
- Metro and Mega cities – Problems, issues, and innovative approach for mitigation.
- Master planning and Zoning – Objects and necessity of Master plan, stages in the preparation of the master plan, principles of zoning, development control regulations (DCR), local area plans.
- Human settlement planning, Urban Development policies, and Programmes.
5. Regional Planning:
- Concept of Region.
- The planning principle involved in the delineation of the region.
6. Housing Environments and Planning:
- Concepts and Definition.
- Socio Economic Dimension.
- Housing policy, Agencies involved in housing, infrastructure planning for housing, different categories of houses HUDCO norms, requirements, and classification of residential buildings. Fundamentals of Development Control Norms/concepts behind the development of area-specific byelaws (for eg. Heritage & Conservation areas).
- Housing environment.
- Nature of housing problem, housing shortage, causes of slums and squatter settlements, computation of housing need and demand, informal housing.
- Housing policy in developed and developing countries, the focus of national five-year plans, rent control, and urban land ceiling and regulation act, national housing policy.
- Slum up-gradation and slum improvement techniques, self-help housing.
7. Infrastructure Planning:
- Role of infrastructure.
- Planning and management of Water supply and sanitation, Solid Waste, waste water disposal, transportation, Fire, and electrification.
- Need assessment and planning for social infrastructure.
- Disaster and Risk Management.
8. Traffic and Transport Planning:
- Principles of traffic and transportation planning.
- Transportation infrastructure planning, design, and management.
- Transportation systems; technological characteristics of transport modes and systems; the nature of demand and supply of transport services.
- Land use – transportation inter-relationships; transportation planning process.
- Travel demand forecasting.
- Planning of public transport systems; intermediate public transport modes; Planning considerations for goods transportations; Traffic flow characteristics; Traffic analyses and design considerations; design of intersections; traffic signals and street lighting; local area traffic management; Recent innovations in technologies and its probable impacts on future urban forms.
- Environmental impacts of traffic; energy issues in transportation; transportation safety.
- Government transport policies and evaluation of transportation proposals.
9. Town planning legislation:
- Understanding of Law.
- Planning Legislation and Policy Formulation and Appraisal.
- West Bengal Town & Country (Planning & Development) Act, 1979.
- West Bengal Municipal Act, 1993.
- West Bengal Municipal Corporation Act, 2006.
- Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC), 2007.
- 74th Amendment of Constitution.
- Model Building Bylaws, Guidelines of Smart City, AMRUT.
10. Inclusive Urban Planning:
- Stakeholders Profile and Needs, Access to Shelter, Services, and Livelihoods.
- Participatory Planning Process and Policies, Programmes, and Legislation.
- Planning interventions.
11. Urban Heritage Conservation:
- Urban Heritage.
- Heritage Conservation.
- Heritage and Tourism, Policies and Programmes, Legislation.
- Design in Human Habitation.
12. Industrial planning:
- Classification of industries.
- Selection of site/location for industries.
- Planning of industrial estate, Industrial wastes, treatment.
13. Environment, Development and Disaster Management:
- Environment, Development and Disaster Management – Interface.
- Environmental Management.
- Disaster Mitigation and Management.
- Policies and Legislation pertaining to Environment and Disaster Management.
14. Planning for Tourism:
- Tourism Sector – impacts.
- Planning for Tourism.
- Policies and Programmes.
15. Urban Development and Management:
- Introduction to Development Management.
- Urban Development Management.
- Land and Real Estate Development.
- Information Systems and Urban Reforms.
16. Project Planning and Management:
- Project planning.
- Project Formulation and Appraisal.
- Project Management and Implementation and Project Evaluation and Monitoring.
- Regulatory Frameworks Governing Projects.
17. Urban Governance:
- Overview of Urban Governance.
- Legislations pertaining to Urban Governance.
- Institutions and Organizations.
- Urban Local Governance and Participatory Processes.
18. Politics and Planning:
- Interface between Politics and Planning.
- City and the State.
- Politics related to Planning and Development.
- Politics and Civil Society.
19. Energy, Climate Change and Urban Development:
- Energy Generation and Consumption.
- Energy Planning and Management and Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change.
- Plans, Policies, and Strategies.
20. Development Finance:
- Overview of Development Finance.
- State Finance.
- Municipal Finance.
- Investment Planning and Financing Mechanism.
Download WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf
File Name:- PSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf [www.govtjobcare.com]
File Format:- Pdf
File Size:- 2 Mb
File Location:- Google Drive
Download WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf
|WBPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus Pdf|
|Exam Name||WBPSC Assistant Town Planner|
|Important Information||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
- Crack WBPSC ICDS Supervisor Exam 2023: Complete Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- WBCS Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern PDF Download (Prelims, Mains)
- WBCS 2023 Notification Out, Exam Date, Application Form – WBCS 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- WB SET Syllabus PDF Download: Check WB SET 2021 Syllabus, Pattern PDF
Disclaimer: If You Have Any Problem to Downloading this Pdf Please Comment In The Comment Box.
Daily Current Affairs
- Check Madhyamik Result 2020: 10th Class Result 2020, West Bengal Board Madhyamik Result 2020
- Check HS Result 2020: Check and Download Higher Secondary Exam Result 2020
- OASIS Scholarship 2020-2021-SC/ST/OBC Scholarship-Pre Matric Scholarship-Post Matric Scholarship
- Nabanna Scholarship 2020: Online And Offline Apply For New Nabanna Scholarship 2020-2021