WBPSC Botanist Exam Syllabus And Scheme Pdf: Download link available here We know, Many aspirants are looking for WBPSC Botanist Exam Syllabus And Scheme Pdf. Here, is the best place for you. Here, you can get the WBPSC Botanist Exam Syllabus And Scheme Pdf. Today Govtjobcare Share PSC Botanist Syllabus Pdf format. You can simply Download these PSC Botanist Syllabus Pdf only just one click. Candidates are requested to download PSC Botanist Syllabus Pdf from the below link.
Step To Download WBPSC Botanist Exam Syllabus And Scheme Pdf
1. You must click the given below link.
2. Then automatically open these WBPSC Botanist Exam Syllabus And Scheme Pdf from google drive location.
3. Click the ‘Download’ / ‘ Save’ button.
4. Finally, you able to Save / Download these PSC Botanist Syllabus Pdf.
WBPSC Botanist Exam Scheme And Syllabus
PSC Botanist Exam Scheme:
Preliminary Screening Test will be objective type (MCQ) in 4 different series, viz., A, B, C & D.
The number of questions: 100, each carrying 1 mark.
Full marks: 100.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes.
N.B.: There will be negative marking for wrong answers as per norms.
PSC Botanist Exam Syllabus:
Marks will be allotted as:
(i) Botany or Agriculture including Genetics
(a) Scope and Importance of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, horticultural crops and floriculture – Area and Production – Imports and Exports – Agro Climatic Zones of India and West Bengal in relation to Horticultural, Floriculture and Medicinal and Aromatic Plants.
(b) Scope for Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Floriculture and Horticulture Development in West Bengal (especially Hilly region): Factors limiting Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Floriculture and Horticultural crop production – Climate (Rainfall, Temperature, Light Humidity, Sunshine) – Soil (pH, EC, Soil Depth) – Crops suitable for different soils – water (Quality and quantity) – Drainage.
(c) Dry land/terrace horticulture and watershed management.
(d) Planning: Layout and Planning of orchards and Nurseries – fencing- wind breaks – spacing – systems of planting – cropping systems, Multitier cropping – cover crops – Intercrops – Mulching – weed control.
(e) Manures and Manuring: Organic and inorganic manures – Bio fertilizers – Fertigation – Bio pesticides.
(f) Essential Elements – Functions – Cultivation technique – Deficiency symptoms – Fertilizer schedule – Time and method of application. Physiological disorders – Control measures.
(g) Irrigation – Water requirement of different crops – various irrigation methods including Drip, Sprinkler, Fogging, Misting, and Water Stress – Mulching types.
(h) Training and Pruning – Principles and Methods – Canopy Architecture – Planting systems and Planting densities.
(i) Flowering – Pollination – Fruit set – Fruit drop – Causes and Prevention – Unfruitfulness associated with External and Internal factors.
(j) Maturity – Harvesting – Pre and Post Harvest Handling – Processing and Preservation.
(k) Role of plant growth regulators and their commercial applications in Horticulture.
(l) Seed and Vegetative Propagation – advantages and disadvantages – Seed Treatment – Important methods of Vegetative Propagation – Cutting – Layering – Incompatibility – Grafting – Budding – Rootstock – Scion – (Stock – scion relationship) – Specialized Parts of Propagation (bulbs, corns, tubers, offsets, runners, etc.) – Micro propagation.
(m) Tropical, Subtropical, Temperate, and Arid Zone Horticultural Crops- Climate and Soil – propagation practices spacing and planting- varieties- Nutrient water and weed management – mulching- intercropping – use of growth regulators- yield- Economics- Integrated pest and disease management- Pre and Post harvest practices- Processing and Preservation- Marketing.
(n) Fruit Crops: Kiwi, Peach, Pear Plump, Strawberry, Apple, Walnut, Avocado, Dragon fruits, etc.
(o) Spice Crops: Cardamom, Ginger, Turmeric, Saffron, Black Pepper, etc.
(p) Plantation Crops: Cinchona, Tea, Coffee, Rubber, etc.
(q) Vegetable Crops: Tomato, Brinjal, Bhendi, Chilli, Cucumber, Gourds, Pumpkin, Peas, Beans, Potato, Tuber crops, Carrot, Radish, Cauliflower, Cabbage, etc. Exotic vegetables- Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus, Celery, Spinach, etc.
(r) Flower Crops: Cymbidium and Tropical Orchids, Chrysanthemum, Marigold, Gerbera, Gladiolus, Anthurium, Carnation, Statice, etc.
(s) Medicinal Plants: Ipecac, Chirata, taxus baccata, Cinchona and other commercially important Medicinal plants like Aswagandha, Sweritia Chirata, Rauvolfia Serpentine,Valeriana jatamansi, Ocimum sanctum, Artemisia annua, Gymnema Sylvestre, Catharanthus roseus, Piper longum, Withania Somnifera, Andrographis paniculata, Costus speciosus, Digitalis purpurea, Stevia, etc.
(t) Aromatic Plants: Commercially important aromatic plants notified by Govt. of India like Lemongrass, Citronella, Patchouli, Vetiver, Artemisia annua, Gerenium , Menta, Ocimum Eucalyptus, Sandalwood, Lavender, etc.
(u) Oranamental Gardening: Landscaping- design and principles- Types of gardens-Layout-garden components-flowering, foliage, and Avenue trees-Arboretum-Shrubs-Creepers, and climbers.Cacti and Succulents, Hedge, and edge plants. Plants for rockery and water garden-Flowering annuals, Indoor plants, Garden ornaments-arches, and pergolas. Lawn- grasses- Making and maintenance. Terrace gardening, topiary Bonsai preparation, flower arrangements, Urban and semi-urban Horticulture, Kitchen garden, aeroponics, hydroponics, and Herbal garden.
(v) Social and Farm Forestry.
(1) Research and Development oriented works.
(2) Organic farming: Definition of organic farming, the scope of organic farming in Horticulture Crops, Certification procedure, and inspection of organic production of Horticulture crops.Scientific use of microbial inoculants in Horticulture crops. Preparation and use of organic manures viz. Enriched compost, Vermi compost, Green manuring, Beejamrutha, Jeevamrutha, Panchagavya, Biodigester, Vermi wash, Cow urine, Neem cake, BD-500 etc. Use of Bio- fertilizers viz Rhizobium, Azotobacter, Azospirillium, phosphate solubilizers, Azolla, plant growth promoting rhizobacteria, VAM in different Horticultural crops. Methods of application of bio- fertilizers. Use of microbial consortia in composting of Agri/Horticultural wastes and enrichment of compost. Microbial biocontrol agents viz. Pseudomonas , Bacillu, PGPR, etc. Crops suitable for organic farming.
(3) Precision farming: Definition and implementation in Horticultural crops.
(4) Seed Science and technology: Type of seeds, the concept of seed quality, and factors affecting it. Role and goal of seed technology. Generation system of seed multiplication, classes of seed. Different organizations involve in seed production and certification. Principles of seed production, seed certification, and processing. Seed testing method(Germination test, physical purity test, moisture test, TZ test, etc) principles and methods of seeds storage, IPR and its utilization, PPVR and FR technique of seed production in important vegetable(Tomato, Brinjal, Onion, Cucurbits, Root vegetables, etc.)
(5) Soil science and agricultural chemistry: Importance of soil testing, soil sampling procedure for horticulture crops and interpretation, Plant nutrients-introduction, definition of nutrient, nutrients accumulation, nutrient uptake and nutrient removal, Stout criteria of essentiality. Classification of essential nutrients as a primary , secondary, and micro nutrient. Function and deficiency symptom of nutrient and remedial measure. Organic matter, the importance of the organic matter, humus, types of humus, and the importance of humus and organic matter. Fertilizers-definition, the difference between organic manure and fertilizer. Classification of fertilizer. Problematic soil – causes and reclamation methods. Quality of irrigation water and management and integrated plant nutrient management.
(ii) G.K. and Current Affairs : [Madhyamik standard]
(iii) Arithmetic & Reasoning : [Madhyamik standard]
(iv) English : [ Madhyamik standard]
Download WBPSC Botanist Exam Syllabus And Scheme Pdf
File Name:- PSC Botanist Syllabus Pdf [www.govtjobcare.com]
File Format:- Pdf
File Size:- 2 Mb
File Location:- Google Drive
Download WBPSC Botanist Exam Syllabus And Scheme Pdf
|WBPSC Botanist Exam Syllabus And Scheme Pdf|
|Exam Name||WBPSC Botanist Exam|
|Important Information||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
- Crack WBPSC ICDS Supervisor Exam 2023: Complete Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- WBCS Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern PDF Download (Prelims, Mains)
- WBCS 2023 Notification Out, Exam Date, Application Form – WBCS 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- WB SET Syllabus PDF Download: Check WB SET 2021 Syllabus, Pattern PDF
Disclaimer: If You Have Any Problem to Downloading this Pdf Please Comment In The Comment Box.
Daily Current Affairs
- Check Madhyamik Result 2020: 10th Class Result 2020, West Bengal Board Madhyamik Result 2020
- Check HS Result 2020: Check and Download Higher Secondary Exam Result 2020
- OASIS Scholarship 2020-2021-SC/ST/OBC Scholarship-Pre Matric Scholarship-Post Matric Scholarship
- Nabanna Scholarship 2020: Online And Offline Apply For New Nabanna Scholarship 2020-2021